Moodle- Online Learning
Wagga Wagga High School is committed to excellence in education. As a extension to normal classroom teaching, Wagga Wagga High School is in the process of providing online learning activities available to students 24/7. To enable us to deliver this content Wagga Wagga High School has established a Moodle server. Moodle is a course management system (CMS) - designed to create effective online learning communities.
The Wagga Wagga High Moodle provides acces to the following:
- Links to relevant web sites
- Online activities, including subject specific wikis, assignments, learning activities, forums and chat
- Course outlines (depending on subject, see Yr8 Maths example below)
- Online tests with instant marking and feedback.
Why provide 24/7 learning activities?
There are a number of reasons why students should be provided with 24/7 learning activities, here are a few:
- Students may miss school for extended periods of time (e.g. illness, family issues)
- While some parents are not keen on homework, others are concerned when their child consistantly says 'I don't have any homework'. Moodle provides access to content relevant activities
- Revision for exam preparation
- Access to assesment tasks and recorded submission of tasks
- Access to results/grades
The following link provides an example of the type of content being developed for Year 8 Mathematics. Here parents and students are able to look at an example of a course outline as well as some of the activities being provided.